· Defended bank against numerous lender liability claims relating to
financing of investments in failed oil and gas limited
partnerships (co-counsel with Maryland firm).
· Defended client against shareholder claims arising out of role as
outside counsel to failed savings and loan.
· Represented Dutch trading firm in a variety of investigations,
litigation, and trade association arbitrations involving
commodities contracts, including U.S. and foreign customs
matters, cargo insurance disputes, and disputes between
buyers and sellers regarding performance and quality
issues. Relied on by client to engage, manage and work with
U.S. and foreign counsel.
· Represented major U.S. home products company in California
litigation with Philippine joint venturer over breach of
licensing agreements relating to client’s proprietary
· Represented contractors (general, subs, underground utilities,
grading, ship repair) in a variety of government contracting
matters and numerous construction contract disputes.
· Represented owner in significant disputes with contractors arising
out of large industrial modernization project. Five month
· Defended professional firm against claims relating to negotiation
and documentation of real estate development loan. Defense
Defended Canadian corporation sued for alleged negligent construction of world’s largest earth fill dam. Defense
Insurance coverage and recovery matters
· Maritime matters