INSURANCE COVERAGE PRACTICE
Gambel has vast experience effectively representing policyholders in
insurance coverage and recovery matters relating to a wide range of
business enterprises, activities and insurance coverages, including
commercial liability, product liability, directors’ and officers’
liability, employer’s liability, professional liability, employee
fidelity, commercial property, and marine (P&I, cargo, hull), among
Representative Insurance Coverage Engagements
· Successfully represented university in insurance coverage dispute over defense of student athlete’s civil rights claims against university arising out of alleged sexual assault by other student athletes.
· Successfully represented landlords in insurance coverage disputes arising of constructive eviction claims and related claims of exposure to harmful conditions.
· Prosecuted federal court claim under property insurance policy for collapse of Colorado uranium mine.
· Recovered substantial sum from insurer for defense and settlement of client’s nationwide product liability exposure. Settlement during a lengthy jury trial involving bad faith and recoupment claims.
· Represented insured under commercial property policies in claims for loss sustained by theft of intellectual property and by casualty.
· Prosecuted complex insurance coverage case involving numerous primary and excess insurers of Texas-based chemical company in connection with widespread consumer product claims. Successful defense of insurer’s attempt to rescind policy. Favorable settlements.